Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Version 4.0 compatability (Read 943 times)
Oct 23rd, 2007 at 8:07pm

lbsmith   Offline

Hello Dynon.  I have two D10a units in my RV.  The upper one is the primary flight display and the lower is the HSI (nav display).  I am driving the HSI with an CNX-80
(now Garmin-480)  The previous version (3.0) was not compatible with the CNX-80.  I am VERY HAPPY to report that V4.0 now drives the HSI perfectly.  The CDI slews automatically to the course set in the CNX-80.   I also have Anywheremap driving the upper flight display and it now also works as advertised.  Gps data,cdi course information without the automatic slewing of the cdi.  I can slew the cdi manually and sync it in the same manner as the heading bug. 
These are the improvements I have been waiting for.  Thanks Dynon!

Larry Smith

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2007 at 12:43pm

Dynon Support   Offline
Forum Administrator
Dynon Employee
Dynon Technical Support

Thanks for reporting that! We'll add it to the compatibility list. If you could report how your 480 serial output is configured too (see http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/GPS_Serial_Compatibility_and_Configuration_Setting... for what we're looking for) on the 480, we can republish that as well.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2007 at 12:46pm by Dynon Support »  

Please do not use Private Messaging on forum to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 4:00pm

lbsmith   Offline

I rechecked the configuration of the CNX-80(Garmin-480) and is as follows.  Serial port number 1 TX(transmit) is set to MAPCOM at 9600 baud.  This configuration works!  Thanks again!

Larry Smith

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print