Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D1 installation to Cesna overlay (Read 1969 times)
Jul 30th, 2013 at 9:23pm

dpriebe   Offline
I love flying!

When I picked up my D1 several weeks ago my dealer advised that the pinch mount attachment would require fairly extensive surgery to the Cessna overlay for the mount to engage. I, therefore, mounted the unit using the supplied ram mount to the pilot side of windscreen. Works ok but it's a bit out of my scan (a bit too far left and aft). So, I was wondering if anybody has fashioned a disc that could be secured to the supplied clip in which the disc would fit within the inner diameter of a Cessna overlay instrument recess and attached with Velcro.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2013 at 9:25pm by dpriebe »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 7:24pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

One other thing to consider is that RAM has a variety of other adapter bits that can clamp onto various places. Here's an example of a glareshield mount: http://www.sportys.com/Pilotshop/product/14231. The RAM mount site has a bunch of other options too.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2013 at 10:09pm

dpriebe   Offline
I love flying!

Thanks and apologize for belated response.
I solved mounting problem by mounting the D1 to the V brace using existing RAM hardware (sans suction cup) and 2 Adel clamps. Digging the new solution which places the D1 right above my navigator for improved scan/ cross check.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print