Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More colors? (Read 5394 times)
Jan 3rd, 2014 at 9:27am

Skysailor   Offline

Has any thought been given to adding more colors to the EMS palette? Specifically, I would like to see the addition of blue which I will use to denote cold temperature. This would be of value at the extreme low end of CHT, Oil temp, but also a condition for Carb temp etc. My thought is the screen is certainly capable of the color since it uses it on the map and it would add versatility. The blue range of Oil temp could be an idle power only area. The range would move to yellow (caution low temp) before getting to green followed by another yellow (caution high temp) and finally reach red. Carb temp could be blue in the icing range.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 5:31am

GalinHdz   Offline
KSGJ/KBQN

I would also like to have a "BLUE" option but for other indications besides cold temperatures. I would use BLUE to indicate when my fuel pump is on, when my primer is on, when Pitot heat is on, etc. Right now I am using YELLOW for these indications which, at least to me, indicate a state of caution.

BLUE would indicate something that is not normally ON but is completely normal at certain times during a flight. When I see a BLUE indication it isn't a concern, just a reminder that the particular option is ON.

Cool
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2014 at 5:41am by GalinHdz »  

N819PR
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print