Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D-1 unable to update software (Read 2609 times)
Apr 25th, 2014 at 11:31am

Scott49   Offline
I love flying!

I have D-1 S/N 201587 running S/W ver 1.0 0574.  I have attempted to update to 1.0.0629 using the instructions on:

dynonavionics   /docs/support_software_D1.html

(punctuation removed since I am not allowed to post URL's yet.)

I downloaded D1SetupV10B0629.d1s to a new SD card, inserted it, and turned the unit on.  The unit proceeds through a normal startup, displays the splash screen then the liability page.  Nothing else happens.  When I push the rocker switch, it proceeds to normal operation.  When I push the rocker switch promptly, the unit shows the 0574 version.  I have tried reinserting the SD card (it locks and releases normally each time,) and restarting several times.  I have re-downloaded the software and tried again.  Any advice?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 12:15pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

That *should* do it. You don't need to do anything else besides insert the card, and though it's not documented, it should work even when you click the card into place while it's on. Is there a chance that the file extension was changed or the file renamed in any way?

Also, to get the card to fully click into place, it's sometimes helpful to use a coin if you don't have long enough nails. Also, the slot shouldn't allow you to put the card in backwards, but know that the SD cards' contacts must face towards you / the screen.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:00pm

Scott49   Offline
I love flying!

The file name is unchanged from the download.  Here is a copy and paste of the filename:  D1SetupV10B0629.d1s
as copied from internet explorer off the SD card.  I used the coin to insert the SD card.  It clicks properly into place.  (and unlatches when you press again.)  I tried inserting the card when the unit was on and operating, but nothing happened.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:05pm

Dynon Support   Offline
Forum Administrator
Dynon Employee
Dynon Technical Support

Make sure your SD card is formatted in one of the FAT file systems (FAT12, FAT16, or FAT32). The D1/D2 do not support exFAT or NTFS. Also make sure your card is an SD or SDHC card, not an SDXC. SD is up to 2GB, SDHC up to 32GB, and XC is above 32 GB.

Please do not use Private Messaging on forum to contact. For private support:
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 7:52pm

Scott49   Offline
I love flying!

I am using an 8GB formatted FAT32.  If I plug the USB cable into a computer and examine storage, I do not see the SD Card.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:41pm

Dynon Support   Offline
Forum Administrator
Dynon Employee
Dynon Technical Support

Scott49:

That's correct - when you plug in the USB cable, the files you're seeing are on the D1 or D2's internal storage, NOT the SD card.

Scott49 wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 7:52pm:
I am using an 8GB formatted FAT32. If I plug the USB cable into a computer and examine storage, I do not see the SD Card.

Please do not use Private Messaging on forum to contact. For private support:
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print