Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New D1 Will not Display Artificial Horizon (Read 1685 times)
Apr 26th, 2014 at 6:16pm

wkpond   Offline
I love flying!

Hello,
I just bought a new D1 last week. I put it in a spare 3.5 inch hole in my panel and ran the antenna to the glare shield and connected it to ship's power. When I turn it on (have flown about 10 hours since installation), it will not display the artificial horizon. It tells me it has connected with "12" or "15" or whatever number of satellites, but it either won't ever complete the start up or it will suddenly come on line with the AI and all GPS data anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or more into flight. This is after trying to establish a good GPS connection on the ground for up to 15 minutes. Doesn't do me much good without an artificial horizon! I assume this is not normal for a new unit. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:58pm

Dynon Support   Offline
Forum Administrator
Dynon Employee
Dynon Technical Support

wkpond:

Please contact Dynon Avionics Technical Support - support (at) dynonavionics (dot) com or call 425-402-0433. Please mention this post, especially if you email.

wkpond wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 6:16pm:
Hello,
I just bought a new D1 last week. I put it in a spare 3.5 inch hole in my panel and ran the antenna to the glare shield and connected it to ship's power. When I turn it on (have flown about 10 hours since installation), it will not display the artificial horizon. It tells me it has connected with "12" or "15" or whatever number of satellites, but it either won't ever complete the start up or it will suddenly come on line with the AI and all GPS data anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or more into flight. This is after trying to establish a good GPS connection on the ground for up to 15 minutes. Doesn't do me much good without an artificial horizon! I assume this is not normal for a new unit. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Please do not use Private Messaging on forum to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print