Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D-2 reception problems (Read 2342 times)
Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:33am

70chevy   Offline
I love flying!

I bought the D-2 at Sun-n-fun and have used or tried to use it for 7 flights that have lasted a little over 1 hour for each flight. I feel I have tested it adequately and given it a fair assessment. First problem was with the cigar lighter plug. After inserting it and unpluging it twice, the end fell off and the parts were lost under the seat. Parts were found at the end of the flight and reinstalled. It seems to me that the plug could be made better to withstand many uses without failure.

Secondly, and the main reason for posting, the attitude display would come on and then disappear being replaced with a red X or the message " GPS LOST : CROSS-CHECK HORIZON. I have a Garmin 396 and a Garmin 255xl gps nav/com  that never have a problem picking up and keeping  the satellites with my bubble canopy but your GPS receiver can never keep the satellites locked on.

I bought the D-2 thinking I could use it in the back seat and also use it in a Cessna 172 as a back up attitude indicator, but after my experiences with the D-2 I do not think it will work out.

I would like to return the unit or exchange it for a D-6,  plus whatever the monetary difference, to replace my attitude indicator in the back seat.

I have a D-10A in the front seat and the Dynon autopilot with 2 servos. I am very happy with them and I expected the same quality with the D-2.

Thank you very much.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 11:11am

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Hi 70chevy - Can you get in touch with our technical support staff directly at 425-402-0433 or at support at dynonavionics dot com? We'd like to talk you to directly to figure out what we can do for you here.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2015 at 12:26am

tp07   Offline
I love flying!

Dear All
after using the Dynon SV d 1000 for the past 110 hours in my AP 22, there is a problem with the press button on the very left , just next to the knob. This button is quite important to switch between the different levels. There is no dirt or other stuff that might block the button and it feels normal while pressing, but it does not do its job by switching to different levels.Anybody with the same experience previously??  Thanks George

IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2015 at 5:28pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

This sounds like a hardware issue with the circuitry that registers the button press. We'll need to see your SV-D1000 here to get it taken care of. Give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 or an email a support at dynonavionics dot com.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print