Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D2 Slip-ball calibration ? (Read 2266 times)
Oct 11th, 2014 at 2:34am

JohanMinne   Offline
I love flying!
Belgium

Hello,
I borrowed a D2 from my local Dynon distributer. I took the SD card out of the slot and it no longer works in demo mode. This enables the function to calibrate the pitch and bank settings. The instrument  is fixed to the dashboard of my Sinus motorglider with the suctioncupholder. The calibration in a taildragger is not easy. It has to be done in-flight. I manage to do the correction of pitch and bank, but and I'm not able to get the ball centered. It seems to be coupled with the bank angle. If I center the ball, the horizon is not level and vice versa. Of course this centering is visualy verified with the mechanical Winter slip-ball, mounted in the centerline of the plane.
I will buy a D2 only if this issue is solved for me.
Regards,
Johan
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2014 at 2:36am by JohanMinne »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 5:41pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Hi Johan,

Generally, they SHOULD match once calibrated. Ie, when not turning, if you're level, the ball should be centered. If you have dip a wing (and not turn via some top rudder), you should see BOTH bank and the same direction of ball. So what you're seeing (level attitude but a deflected ball) isn't normal. I suspect that the demo unit has a hardware-based issue.

What does the G-meter show when on the ground, level, zeroed out? (ie, when on a level surface)? "One" like it should? Or some other number?

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:56am

JohanMinne   Offline
I love flying!
Belgium

Hi, i made an adjustable instrument mount, fixed to the instrumentpannel with double sided tape, where i can fine tune the inclination of the D2 itselve, by means of a screw. The electronic ajustment stays at zero (for the bank). Works fine! I can click in and out the D2 as an anti-theft precotion, without the need of readjustment eatch flight.
So, I ordered already a new D2 at Finesse Max.  Smiley

I read somewhere that the D2 has a touch screen?  Shocked Is this correct?

Kind regards,
Johan

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 6:10pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

While it technically has the capability, there aren't any touch gestures currently implemented, and there aren't any plans to add any. Once you have the D2 turned on and the pitch/roll adjusted in (which the rocker does really well), there's really nothing to touch or adjust.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print