Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Firmware question (Read 4152 times)
Jun 19th, 2015 at 8:08am

Fly4funn   Offline

I'm finally getting to the point of installing the hardware purchased many years ago and I'm a little confused on the firmware upgrade process. I have a D180, D100, AP74, HS34 and the servos installed. All are connected by the DSAB network. My question is, how many places do I need to be able to connect to with the serial interface to upgrade the firmware in all the devices? Undecided

Searching the forums really hasn't turned up anything on this so forgive me if I'm asking a repeated question that I didn't see.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 6:28pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

The D180, D100 and HS34 all get updated individually. The servos and AP74 will be updated by one of your EFISes as long as they're powered and connected via DSAB. You'll ideally do this from the device that you configured DSAB from. In your configuration, that's often the D180.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 6:54am

Fly4funn   Offline

Thanks! That was where I was thinking but wanted to make sure before I moved forward.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 11:42pm

Rob W   Offline
Frequent Poster
Soaring and Recreational
Power
Australia

When attempting to upload firmware update Skyview-14_0_7_3621-dynon_update.dup, I get an error message: "Must be in DUC file with password"
What does this mean and how to proceed?
Have 14_1_1_3678-dynon_update.dup now on a USB stick.
regards
Rob W

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 9:44am

Dynon Support   Offline
Forum Administrator
Dynon Employee
Dynon Technical Support

You posted this in the D1 section of the Forum. Do you have a SkyView system, or a D1?

Rob W wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 11:42pm:
When attempting to upload firmware update Skyview-14_0_7_3621-dynon_update.dup, I get an error message: "Must be in DUC file with password"
What does this mean and how to proceed?
Have 14_1_1_3678-dynon_update.dup now on a USB stick.
regards
Rob W

Please do not use Private Messaging on forum to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 4:42pm

Rob W   Offline
Frequent Poster
Soaring and Recreational
Power
Australia

It is a Skyview system. Did not notice this was a section for the D1. Will change.
However, have noted that I was uploading a dup file, not a cup file. Will attempt to upload a cup file and then the dup file? However CUP file is for USA, not Australia.
Updates have not been done for many years.
Rob W

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 12:26am

Rob W   Offline
Frequent Poster
Soaring and Recreational
Power
Australia

Found that one Skyview display had been replaced and not noted in the Logbook. Some think this replacement sometimes happened when the aircraft was undergoing acceptance tests after manufacture. Hence the wrong serial number was being used. The unlock file is according to serial number. When the right file was used, all went well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print