Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

Note: This forum will be less actively monitored while we are at AirVenture Oshoksh 2017.
For technical support needs, please contact us at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D2 + Foreflight (Read 1503 times)
Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:04pm

Tony_Fletcher   Offline
I love flying!

Any chance a future D2 firmware release will allow for a connection to Foreflight?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 4:51pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

The D2 already broadcasts attitude and GPS data via wi-fi. I don't know whether supporting the D2's output is in ForeFlight's near term product plans.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Amuhs   Offline
Frequent Poster

I guess it irritates me a bit that Dynon already sends info to my Foreflight app thru the dynon wifi module but the D2 doesn't or should I say isn't allowed to.

Clearly Foreflight has told Dynon not to implement the D2 wifi connection to the Foreflight App.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 1:08pm

RayInGA   Offline
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

Amuhs wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
I guess it irritates me a bit that Dynon already sends info to my Foreflight app thru the dynon wifi module but the D2 doesn't or should I say isn't allowed to.

Clearly Foreflight has told Dynon not to implement the D2 wifi connection to the Foreflight App.

Maybe I misunderstood the Dynon response but I think you have it backward (or I misunderstand your response) Smiley

The D2 supports output via wifi but FF does not support the D2. This would be a possible reason to be irritated at FF but not at Dynon.

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all the standard Dynon VFR goodies and ADS-B out.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print