Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn off display of class G airspace (Read 268 times)
Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:36pm

Anders Wallerman   Offline
I love flying!

Hi all!

I am using a SV-D700 in an RV-8A and I like it a lot. Works great!

There is one issue though: I am using map data from PocketFMS, and the SkyView displays borders between class G airspace (uncontrolled) similar to TMA (controlled) borders. Right over my home base (ESSL) there are those class G borders and it makes it hard to distinguish between important and unimportant borders.

I actually didn't even know there was borders between class G airspaces until now, no other map or app we are using displays those.

I would like to turn off the display of class G airspace entirely. Is there a way for me to do that? I believe I saw a post on this forum sometime where somebody was able to extract the settings in the Dynon and change some colors but I have not been able to find that post again. Is that the way to go?

Would appreciate any advice...

Thanks;
/ Anders W, Linköping, Sweden

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 4:29pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Airspace over on your side of the Atlantic works pretty different than over here in the states, so there are cases where the PocketFMS data doesn't neatly fit into the way we classify airspaces on our map. Can you post a picture of an example of the airspace that you're talking about? Ideally - with it selected, so we can see the info for it as well.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:26pm

Anders Wallerman   Offline
I love flying!

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. It actually turned out to be working correctly after all. Sorry for that...

/ Anders.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print