Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D10A and EMS no longer connects to PC (Read 657 times)
Jan 7th, 2018 at 9:54pm

madb1rd   Offline
Frequent Poster

OK, so, as of about a year ago something changed that will not allow either unit to connect to download data, view version, etc.

Both were updated to the latest versions in late 2016. I used my Mac/Bootcamp/Win8 and the Dynon serial cable, which has worked fine since new. Now this no longer works, nor does it work on four different POSWindows machines with differing OS versions including a brand new one. I've tried native drivers, Dynon's drivers, taxicab drivers, nail drivers, all to no avail.

The POSWindows PC connects to the serial cable and shows good connection to the port via Device Manager. There are no other ports connected or active. With the cable connected to either unit it will start when selecting "detect version." It gives the annoying popup window, "connected to Dynon device?" clicking yes causes it to go into attempting connection mode for a few minutes than it errors. It used to just go immediately yellow screen and connect at this point.

Given the number of recent posts about this problem could someone at Dynon please give this some attention and fix it. Or design a USB adaptor for the DSAB that works without relying on POSWindows Microsoft crap... ask me how I feel about anything made by Microcorrupt...

Thank you,

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

What color is the cable you're using? Although they can be finicky, most people are able to get them working without too much of a fuss (there are literally thousands of these out there). Have you tried a different converter by chance? If it's the same converter that's been problematic since working, I'm wondering whether, despite it being seen by device manager, there's something up with it. Also, have you confirmed that the wiring on the other side of the USB/serial converter is sound? If it's not working with a separate D10A and EMS harness, then that would help rule that out as the issue.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:08am

madb1rd   Offline
Frequent Poster

Hi,

The serial to USB cable is black, as supplied from Dynon. It worked well for some years and in fact was used to update the last update, circa 2016 sometime. Agreed, itís the same issue with more than one unit so is likely not back end wiring.

With Windows 8 or 10, which driver should I be using, your website leaves this a little confusing. Native, Dynon 32, or Dynon 64?

Have you a list of the advanced settings for the port, maybe somethingís ary there?

Would it help to call you while Iím at the plane to debug this?

Thank you

Wheeler

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:14pm

madb1rd   Offline
Frequent Poster

Argh, to update...
Borrowed a friendís Dynon USB to serial converter cable and it worked. I guess nothing lasts forever, but in truth Iíve probably only used that cable twenty times.

Off to ordering another one...

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:59pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Was his the same model, out of curiosity? (ie same color and physical design)

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 9:47am

madb1rd   Offline
Frequent Poster

As a follow up, a new Dynon cable did the trick. I canít say Iíve had too many serial cables up and die on me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print