Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MAP sensor errors (Read 673 times)
Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:57pm

David Brown   Offline

How many people have bothered to test their Manifold Pressure sensor? Well compare not test, against their altimeter?

I have discovered at least 2 now that are out by1/2" or so recently and about to compare a new unit.

My own is spot on but before I raise this in a formal manner with Dynon I wanted to see if many others had in fact noticed. Most people would not unless they paid attention to the QNH vs MAP.

Thanks y'all.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:54pm

mmarien   Offline
Expert
Murray M.
Saskatoon SK CAN

I'll bite. Why would that be a problem? Huh

Glasair II FT - o320 - P-Mags - EFII - MTV 3 Blade CS - VP-X - Single 10" Skyview - Stratux Dual Band - zooooom ...
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:52pm

David Brown   Offline

Well, today I found a brand new one that is also out in the 0.5 to 0.6" range.

To the post above, well it may not be an airworthiness problem, but it is an annoying error, and when one of them reads 30.4 when it should be 29.8 and another new one is 30.4 (that I had in stock) it is a bit annoying.

Worst thing is the sensors I would expect are meant to be better than that. I will investigate the specifications next. Maybe +/- 2% is acceptable.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2018 at 6:01pm

mmarien   Offline
Expert
Murray M.
Saskatoon SK CAN

A couple of things that may be obvious.

Your comparing a $70 sensor to a $1000 altimeter so there may be some difference. You're taking into account elevation (ie: 1" for every 1000' ASL). Finally are you using a regulated power supply for the sensor? c37p18 from the EMS.

Glasair II FT - o320 - P-Mags - EFII - MTV 3 Blade CS - VP-X - Single 10" Skyview - Stratux Dual Band - zooooom ...
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:32pm

David Brown   Offline

Yes.

And having lived with spot on MAP sensors for years, I am surprised to be seeing the not so spot on ones.

And this is not my first rodeo  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print