Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Statement Of Compliance for ADS-B (Read 773 times)
Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:16pm

Beersrus   Offline

Finished installing my SV-XPNDR-261 and conducted a flight that passed (according to my Public ADS-B Performance Report).  Just wondering about the Statement of Compliance.  The Install Manual has a few included (one for a GPS-250 and one for their GPS-2020).  In my case I'm using a Garmin GNS430W as my position source.  Is there a similar statement for my situation?  Or do I make one myself?  Here is the portion of AC 90-114 that has the requirement...

"For non-TSO equipment, the
owner should obtain installation instructions that include a statement of compliance from the
applicable avionics manufacturer(s). To qualify non-TSO equipment as compliant for operations
in ADS-B airspace defined in 91.225, the statement of compliance should indicate that when
installed in accordance with the installation instructions, the equipment complies with all
requirements of 91.227, and with the performance requirements of the appropriate TSO."

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 5:47pm

GalinHdz   Offline
KSGJ/KBQN

Your equipment, G430W and Dynon Transponder are both TSO'd so this particular section does not apply.

Cool

N819PR
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 8:52pm

Beersrus   Offline

But I thought the GPS-2020 unit was also TSO'ed, and they provide the statement in the Install Manual...

Russ

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 6:47am

kellym   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

Beersrus wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 8:52pm:
But I thought the GPS-2020 unit was also TSO'ed, and they provide the statement in the Install Manual...

Russ

AFAIK, the GPS-2020 unit is NOT TSO approved, BUT I understand Dynon has demonstrated to the FAA's satisfaction that it meets the performance requirements of the TSO specs.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:09pm

GalinHdz   Offline
KSGJ/KBQN

Beersrus wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 8:52pm:

Russ

The GPS-2020 is not TSO'd, hence the reason there is a statement of compliance in the manual.

Cool
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:10pm by GalinHdz »  

N819PR
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 6:07pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

So the statement of compliance considers the SV-GPS-2020 when connected via SkyView to use with the SV-XPNDR-261. While we can't provide a statement of compliance for all permutations that utilize 3rd party equipment, most of those position sources have a separate TSO, and so they'd be excluded from needing a separate one.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print