Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADS-B-in (Read 1071 times)
Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:16pm

Rick Krueger   Offline
I love flying!

Testing my dynon skyview adsb-in with my ForeFlight/stratus. With dynon fired up and my stratus/ForeFlight I can see ADS-B-out aircraft on my ForeFlight but not on my dynon map. Any Thoughts?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 2:50pm

RayInGA   Offline
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

Are you in the air when testing? You generally will not pick up IN traffic until 1000-1500 feet, depending on your position relative to a ground station.

The ADSB-470 it receives on 978, which is mostly from ground stations (not many 978 out AC to date). The Stratus receives on 1090 and 978, which will pick up the signal sent from other aircraft that send out on 1090 (most common).

If you have the Dynon 472 box, it is dual band but they are working through some issues with the software and hardware.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2018 at 2:51pm by RayInGA »  

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:01pm

Rick Krueger   Offline
I love flying!

I have a 470; that would explain it.
Thanks

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2018 at 5:50am

dwightsmall   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

I show targets in the pattern and within 15 miles when I'm on the ground with dual the dual band 472 but don't get "ADSB OK" till I climb to about 800-1,000 feet. At that point I'm in full radar environment and get the full traffic picture (ADSB OK).

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 6:35am

rleffler   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

I had some anomalies that I inquired to both Dynon and AFS.

The response that I received was that the 472 will pick up ADSB peer to peer traffic on both frequencies with no filtering if there isn't a valid GPS signal.  (i.e. sitting in my hangar)  I was getting airline traffic 20-30K higher in the hangar.

Once a valid GPS signal is present, then normal filters are applied to reduce clutter for traffic that isn't of a concern.

Like others have said, once you get high enough to received signal from the nearest ground station, you'll get all the rest of the non-ADSB out traffic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print