Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seattle Avionics coverage of Bahamas incomplete (Read 381 times)
Mar 8th, 2018 at 3:37pm

Ricksol   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

The northern islands of Grand Bahama (including Freeport) and the Abacos are in a square on my Dynon screen which does not have any chart showing.  This is both for sectional charts and IFR low charts.  The missing box is identical for both.  The southern island have charts showing.  The same happens on a friend of mine’s plane with AFS screens, so I assume it is a Seattle Avionics problem.  Any idea what is causing this problem?  I have the latest PC Chart Manager software, and Bahamas are checked off to download.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:42pm

Ricksol   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

Having just talked with Seattle Avionics, they say “Its my understanding some areas aren't available. I suggest contacting Dynon”.

Simultaneously, my friend with an AFS system contacted Seattle Avionics and was told “This will be available in a future update when AFS switches to the Dynon file format for maps. ”.

Dynon support, can you respond to these two sets of conflicting information and suggest a solution?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:49pm

Don Jones   Offline
Frequent Poster
Dynon Employee

So, looking at the chart here I was seeing the same thing. I walked it upstairs and discussed it with the guys at Seattle Avionics. They agreed the problem was on their end and they would schedule the fix in a future release.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2018 at 5:33pm by Don Jones »  

Don Jones
Technical Support Manager
Dynon Avionics
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:27pm

airguy   Offline
SkyView Flight Tester
Gods Country - west Texas

Don Jones wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
So, looking at the chart here I was seeing the same thing. I walked it upstairs and discussed it with the guys at Seattle Avionics. They agreed the problem was on their end and they would schedule the fix in a future release.

So neither of the conflicting stories given by SA turned out to be true. Color me surprised....  /sarc Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print