Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Virtual VOR mode (Read 489 times)
Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:41pm

Ortac   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!
UK

Would it be possible on a future software update to have a virtual VOR mode for the HSI? This would be similar to OBS mode except that full scale CDI would correspond to 10 degrees deviation from the selected radial instead of 5 miles.

This would be very useful for training as you could create a GPS waypoint anywhere and fly to / from it with the same indications as if it were a VOR, i.e. the CDI would get more sensitive the closer to the waypoint.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 5:37am

RayInGA   Offline
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

Maybe a moderator can move these suggestions to the Suggestions forum?
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2018 at 5:45am by RayInGA »  

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 8:35am

reidvaitor   Offline
Expert
SoCal

Actually the Skyview forum is a great place to ask the question/suggestion. I didn't even know there was a suggestion forum.
Why? Dynon spends their time focusing on what is the biggest wish from its users, although I don't need the VOR suggestion, simply because the MAP tells me which way to fly the TRK to get me to my destination, I think others seeing this suggestion will either jump in and agree or not, in the end lack of or serious interest will determine next steps for Dynon.
Personally, I encourage the suggestions on this forum. History shows it has lead to nice upgrades as a result.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print