Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADSB Performance Report (Read 433 times)
Mar 26th, 2018 at 12:51pm

BlueCH750   Offline
Low and Slow

Just requested/received report yesterday for my system which includes the 261 transponder, 2020 GPS, and 472 with 15.3.3 software and firmware update.  Passed with flying colors and compliance.  I do have a question though...
The NACv accuracy values (AVG, MIN and MAX) are each reported as "4" and highlighted in yellow .  According to the FAA's ADSB report user's guide, they should not exceed values of "2" and if they do, one should contact the manufacturer to resolve.

Note on NACv: The FAA has not approved, or otherwise evaluated, any ADS‐B position source  with the horizontal velocity accuracy performance required to transmit a NACv va
lue greater  than 2 (NACv of 2 = Estimated Velocity Uncertainty <3 m/s).  When NACv MIN and/o
r AVG are  highlighted yellow in the Integrity & Accuracy table of the report (i.e. transmi
tted NACv  MIN/AVG is 3 or 4) you are advised to contact your installer and/or applicable A
DS‐B avionics  manufacturer for guidance on how to change the NACv value to that approved by th
e FAA at  certification, or for non‐certified equipment, a NACv value not to exceed 2 without FAA  evaluation. 

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts...Dynon?

Thanks!

STOL CH750 - The mighty "Sky Turtle"
Dual Dynon 7" classic display and two axis A/P
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 2:03pm

RayInGA   Offline
Expert
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

See the last post in the thread below. (found using the search feature).

http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1517678884/0#0
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2018 at 2:04pm by RayInGA »  

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:44am

BlueCH750   Offline
Low and Slow

Thanks Ray, got a call back from Dynon tech rep, confirming that is a known issue and will be resolved with the next software update.  I though I had seen that thread you linked...just couldn't come up with it through the search function!  Cheers!

STOL CH750 - The mighty "Sky Turtle"
Dual Dynon 7" classic display and two axis A/P
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print