Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are Portrait Style Skyview Panels Coming in 2018 ? (Read 385 times)
Apr 8th, 2018 at 10:32am

Denali   Offline
Other hobbies include
Ham Rado & Astronomy

Is a “Portrait” (vertically configured)  Skyview HDX or Skyview Touch being planned as a future Dynon option? 

I hope I’m not asking a question that has already been answered; my forum search on the topic came back empty.

Many builders face a real estate issue with smaller panels. I am looking at an EAB Kit from one of two US manufacturers and the panels are a wee bit small.

I’m hoping to use two glass EFIS panels.  A larger landscape configured 10 inch Skyview HDX will be the primary.  Being able to install a second smaller 7 inch portrait configured Skyview would be helpful.

The current solutions are to go with an iPad, or another brand for the second portrait display . Ideally, I’d love to have the 10 inch Landscape style Skyview HDX Display next to a second smaller 7 inch Portrait style Skyview Touch Display.

The new HDX EFIS of course has the lower protruding button ledge, which is great. However, in a portrait configuration, a second smaller Skyview Touch which is relatively flat with no protruding button ledge (vs the protruding HDX) might be preferred.

Anyway, OSH 2018 is in a few months. I am sure the Dynon Team will announce some pleasant treats for us this summer.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2018 at 10:39am by Denali »  

12 Volts can do a lot of things. Smiley
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:14pm

HongieRV7a   Offline
I love flying!

I dont believe HDX and skyview can be mixed

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:41pm

Craig Bennett   Offline

You are correct, The standard and HDX cannot be mixed.

I have never heard Dynon talk about a portrait EFIS.  That proves nothing of course but I get the impression they are looking to maximize the utility of their core products - hence their efforts to get certified.

Trying to release too many product lines can be catastrophic for a small company.  (Now watch them announce a portrait product at OSH). Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:42pm by Craig Bennett »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:06pm

Denali   Offline
Other hobbies include
Ham Rado & Astronomy

Wow, you are right. Thanks. Hmmmm..

The HD Screen of the HDX EFIS  is the draw for me, not so much the extruding panel with the buttons. So, for now, it’s either two Skyview Touches or two Skyview HDXs. Maybe Dynon can make the Touches play nicely with the HDXs in the future. If not, then looks like an 10 inch Landscape HDX + an iPad in a vertical “Portrait” style mounting will be the solution.
From the Dynon website:
Quote:
“SkyView Classic, SkyView Touch, and SkyView HDX displays use the same modules and accessories. SkyView Touch displays can only connect to other SkyView Touch and SkyView Classic displays in an aircraft.”

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:07pm by Denali »  

12 Volts can do a lot of things. Smiley
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print