Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USB issues (Read 606 times)
Apr 8th, 2018 at 2:47pm

Steve W.   Offline
Expert

Seems like the new software may have created some issues with USB sticks.  The ones I have have been working fine for years, but in the last week or so, SV failed to read one of the sticks (preventing upload of new chart data), and today b) failure to write logs, no matter what name I gave the output file.

I'll try one of the other sticks I have tomorrow, but this is annoying...never had a problem before, now it seems dodgy.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2018 at 4:45pm

jabarr   Offline
Frequent Poster

Read Waldo’s post below.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:19am

airguy   Offline
SkyView Flight Tester
Gods Country - west Texas

For what it's worth, I use the Sandisk Cruzer 16GB sticks, never had a problem with them, including with the latest software.

USB sticks are pretty much commodity-priced at this point, you might want to find one that works and stick with it.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:49am

wmince   Offline
Clearwater, FL

airguy wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:19am:
For what it's worth, I use the Sandisk Cruzer 16GB sticks, never had a problem with them, including with the latest software.

Concur.
Never had an issue with those. They have always wotked great.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:54am

BlueCH750   Offline
Low and Slow

After software update, same issue with one display...PNY32 USB...and would not recognize any USB that would previously work.  After multiple restarts and "in / outs" with USB stick, it finally recognized the PNY32 and allowed chart update.  Huh
Maybe there is something going on?  Huh

STOL CH750 - The mighty "Sky Turtle"
Dual Dynon 7" classic display and two axis A/P
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:26am

Steve W.   Offline
Expert

airguy wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:19am:

USB sticks are pretty much commodity-priced at this point, you might want to find one that works and stick with it.

That's just it...this one DID work for several years, which is why I'm still using it (along with another one that gets rotated out whenever there's an updated dataset).

So let's see...it worked for 4 or 5 years, then suddenly started having issues right at the exact same time a new software version came out.  Hmmmmm....

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:29am

Steve W.   Offline
Expert

BlueCH750 wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 9:54am:
After software update, same issue with one display...PNY32 USB...and would not recognize any USB that would previously work.  After multiple restarts and "in / outs" with USB stick, it finally recognized the PNY32 and allowed chart update.  Huh
Maybe there is something going on?  Huh

Mine started off by not showing any files for upload on the stick when the latest NAV data came out.  Hmmm, says I.  Took it home, yes, it's there.  Did a full, proper "eject" of the stick, back to the airport. Lo and behold, it worked.

Then, going to download logs this weekend, it gives me a message asking if I want to overwrite the file.  Any file, no matter what name I give it.  And to top it off, when I give it some name like AAA and tell it to overwrite, it then says it can't (no, the USB drive is not locked).

So I dunno...never had any of these problems before, on any sticks.  Could just be one going bad, and they're cheap, BUT...what if it's not?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print