Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

Note: While we are at Airventure Oshkosh 2018, Dynon Staff will be mostly unavailable on these forums. Email support at dynonavionics dot com or call 425-402-04333 for personalized support from our awesome staff.

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HDX software 15.3.3 and Vertical Power VPX (Read 460 times)
May 2nd, 2018 at 7:47am

Joe Wilbur   Offline
Frequent Poster
kcjr

I've got a dual HDX Skyview system with a VPX. I installed software 15.3.3 a few days after it was released and just noticed that I am no longer able to control VPX circuits from the HDX vpx screen. The screen accurately reflects the state of all the circuits and the current drawn but I'm not able to toggle the state of any circuits from the HDX screen.

I searched the latest manual but can find nothing to indicate any change. In the previous software version I was able to toggle circuits on/off without issue.

Am I missing something?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2018 at 9:25am

jabarr   Offline
Frequent Poster

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2018 at 5:21pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

This is a bug and will be fixed in our next release.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2018 at 5:21pm by Dynon Avionics »  

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2018 at 4:32am

Mark Dickens   Offline

Glad I read this. I was preparing to swap my D700s for the HDX units, but I have a VPX, so that's now on hold.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2018 at 3:45pm

David Brown   Offline

Mark Dickens wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 4:32am:
Glad I read this. I was preparing to swap my D700s for the HDX units, but I have a VPX, so that's now on hold.

If you have the previous firmware it should be fine.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 4th, 2018 at 5:16pm

jakej   Offline
Expert
Australia

Joe - it will be ok, I have the HDX system with VPX & it all works 😉

IP Logged

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2018 at 4:55am

Mark Dickens   Offline

jakej wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
Joe - it will be ok, I have the HDX system with VPX & it all works 😉

Jake, since Dynon has acknowledged this bug, I presume you have a beta release that corrects this problem?

IP Logged

Reply #7 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:13am

jakej   Offline
Expert
Australia

Mark, this is from another post —
“Thanks for bringing me back to earth on this. I was just having a brain fart. I forgot you had to scroll and push the button, for some reason I was thinking the touch screen controlled it. Thanks for the quick replies.”

As Dynon has posted, there is a temporary ‘bug’ which doesn’t allow you to use the touch capability to quickly do a reset however the above sentence explains the ‘work around’ for now.  IMO it is not a biggie & will be fixed ASAP.
Please don’t be too quick to condemn as other manufacturers, including much higher priced Tso’d products, also have issues  with their very expensive products compared with the price point of the experimental units we use.  Changing your decision to purchase due to a relatively small problem is something you may regret.  Dynon have excellent products IMO, & with 3 years warranty & a real low repair costs for out of warranty repairs, they will be very hard for the big end of town to beat. 
While they continue to perform the way they always  have I will always buy their units, there is no reason not to.  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #8 - May 5th, 2018 at 2:13pm

Mark Dickens   Offline

jakej wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 8:13am:
Mark, this is from another post —
“Thanks for bringing me back to earth on this. I was just having a brain fart. I forgot you had to scroll and push the button, for some reason I was thinking the touch screen controlled it. Thanks for the quick replies.”

As Dynon has posted, there is a temporary ‘bug’ which doesn’t allow you to use the touch capability to quickly do a reset however the above sentence explains the ‘work around’ for now.  IMO it is not a biggie & will be fixed ASAP.
Please don’t be too quick to condemn as other manufacturers, including much higher priced Tso’d products, also have issues  with their very expensive products compared with the price point of the experimental units we use.  Changing your decision to purchase due to a relatively small problem is something you may regret.  Dynon have excellent products IMO, & with 3 years warranty & a real low repair costs for out of warranty repairs, they will be very hard for the big end of town to beat. 
While they continue to perform the way they always  have I will always buy their units, there is no reason not to.  Wink

Jake, you misunderstood me.  I have a panel full of Dynon stuff. The reason I was asking is that a beta test version would logically mean that a correction was imminent. The last update took many months. I was just trying to figure out when a correction would be available. I will upgrade to the HDX units when the VPX support code is corrected.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print