Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CAUTION aural warning (Read 707 times)
May 3rd, 2018 at 7:12am

mitch757   Offline
Frequent Poster

Occasionally I get an aural "caution" when flying my plane but no indication of what it refers to.  After flying and downloading the alert data, I still can't find out what the caution is referencing.

So, why is my Skyview giving me this alert with absolutely no way to find out what it's about?

Since the "problem" can't be detected, I suggest that all "cautions" be eliminated which can't be determined in flight.

Mitch

« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2018 at 7:15am by mitch757 »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2018 at 5:32pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

What version of software are you running? In the most recent, there's a separate alert log that usually helps narrow it down. Is it not in there?

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2018 at 11:15am

CGameProgrammer   Offline
I love flying!

Maybe your indicated altitude temporarily becomes significantly different from your GPS altitude (barometer mismatch) due to a high- or low-pressure zone?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 12:28pm

mitch757   Offline
Frequent Poster

The point is that nothing can be done about whatever the "caution" is alerting to while in flight.  It is only a distraction.

There should be a provision to show this information only after landing so the fault can then be addressed.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 9:06pm

GlennB   Offline
Frequent Poster

We get this one too, and in our case we know the source:

Every so often, the Skyview gets a single bad data packet from the GPS.  This causes it to think the ADS-B source has failed, hence the very brief caution.  If the message box is already open, you may be quick enough to see it.

As a feature request, could the firmware be modified so that it takes, say, 2 bad packets in a row before the message is triggered?  That would still catch a genuine failure, and make our cockpit a lot quieter  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print