Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
adding map pointer to fpl (Read 412 times)
May 29th, 2018 at 2:56pm

S5aero   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

If you don't select any point on map and only have a map pointer on map and you press direct to you get options to go direct to or also you get option add>fpl this option doesen't seem to work as if you press add to flight plan it wants to add last used known point and not the map pointer location.
This is on version 15.1 i didn't see any changes regarding this on changelog for newer versions.
This add to fpl is misleading so please ether remove this option or even better make it so it adds map pointer to fpl.
best regards

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 30th, 2018 at 2:05am

S5aero   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

Here is also a short video demonstation. As you can see o video O2 point is not selected but it is added to flight plan.
https://vimeo.com/272533457

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2018 at 10:12pm

Z-Air   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I'd like to see a feature such as foreflight where you can drag a point over your current flight track to adjust where you fly instead of using the track mode to change heading in case you have to go around weather etc.  What I do is I adjust my flight track in foreflight then update it wirelessly to the dynon, but this could be easily changed so that you can adjust your nav line on the screen by dragging finger over the line and moving it to where you want to fly to.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 9:55am

wmince   Offline
Clearwater, FL

Z-Air wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 10:12pm:
I'd like to see a feature such as foreflight where you can drag a point over your current flight track to adjust where you fly instead of using the track mode to change heading in case you have to go around weather etc. What I do is I adjust my flight track in foreflight then update it wirelessly to the dynon, but this could be easily changed so that you can adjust your nav line on the screen by dragging finger over the line and moving it to where you want to fly to.

This should have been posted under "General Discussion," in the 'Suggestions' topic.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2018 at 11:07pm by wmince »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print