Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Waypoint Map Error (Read 550 times)
Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:27am

SRB   Offline
I love flying!

When I manually enter waypoints, they are not showing up in the correct position on the map, 10-15 NMs off.  In at least one case, the Icon and the Short Name are not even in the same location.  Yes, I've double checked the values input for the Lat/Long.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?  What is the fix?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 6:09pm

mmarien   Offline
Expert
Murray M.
Saskatoon SK CAN

Interesting. I was going to get a hold of PocketFMS. Some of their airports are out quite a bit compared to the Canadian VNC's. I wonder if it's the same problem?

Glasair II FT - o320 - P-Mags - EFII - MTV 3 Blade CS - VP-X - Single 10" Skyview - Stratux Dual Band - zooooom ...
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 5:42pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Can you email our support team at support at dynonavionics dot com with a specific example of this? Screenshots or pictures of the display would be very helpful here.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 6:07pm

mmarien   Offline
Expert
Murray M.
Saskatoon SK CAN

I wrote some of the identifiers down. I'll get some screen shots over the weekend and email them to support.

Glasair II FT - o320 - P-Mags - EFII - MTV 3 Blade CS - VP-X - Single 10" Skyview - Stratux Dual Band - zooooom ...
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 1:10pm

mmarien   Offline
Expert
Murray M.
Saskatoon SK CAN

Figured it out. The seaplane bases are showing up as no hard surface airports (circles) on the PocketFMS database. On the screenshot below CJT7, CKF5 and CKE6 are all seaplane airports and only have water runways. I suppose you could say they are not hard surface airports but really should have the anchor symbol. I didn't check to see if they turned off if I turned the seaplane airports off.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 5:45pm

mmarien   Offline
Expert
Murray M.
Saskatoon SK CAN

This seems like a bug either in the PockFMS database or Skyview translation of the database. Is there plans to fix the problem?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print