Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tweaking AP Settings for a Lancair 235 (Read 80 times)
Jul 5th, 2018 at 6:28am

Bill Reister   Offline
I love flying!

Hi all,

Have one of the most sensitive planes flying, a Lancair 235 (with an O-290 engine; short tail, short landing gear, NOT a 320/360 airframe).  Went through this years ago with a TT AP, now need to learn about getting it right with Skyview AP settings.

After trial and error over many hours in Phase 1, the following settings give me smooth flying as long as the air is smooth and without being annoyingly abrupt in corrections for turns, etc.  However, if I hit a bit of light chop the plane instantly goes into an APIO which I have to damp for a moment with my hand.  The on-screen help doesn't give a lot of explanation of exactly what each setting does nor of the range of values, etc.  Thoughts?

Torque - 100%
Sensitivity - 21
Pitch Gain - 1.5
Altitude Gain - 0.3
Pull Rate - 1.5
VSI Gain - 0.5
G Error Gain - 1.0
G Error Limit - 0.25
Climb - 500
Descent - 500

Thanks for any help!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 5:59pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

From our AP engineer:

"It may not be directly related to the stated problem, but alt gain and vsi gain should probably be the defaults. We dont' recommend changing those settings very often. If it were me I'd fix the above, and then back down on sensitivity a bit."

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 2:12pm

Bill Reister   Offline
I love flying!

Dynon Avionics wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 5:59pm:
From our AP engineer:

"It may not be directly related to the stated problem, but alt gain and vsi gain should probably be the defaults. We dont' recommend changing those settings very often. If it were me I'd fix the above, and then back down on sensitivity a bit."

Ok I will try that.

Have you come up with more descriptive documentation about what each of the settings does and how they relate to each other?
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2018 at 2:12pm by Bill Reister »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print