Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vertical stripey screen and reboots on SV-D1000 (Read 538 times)
Jul 7th, 2018 at 9:15pm

Henry Hallam   Offline
Frequent Poster
Lancair 360 with SV-D1000
and SV-D700
KEMT

I have an SV-D1000 and an SV-D700. Dual ADAHRS, single SV-XPNDR-261.

Last year I sent my D1000 in for the [url]http://www.dynonavionics.com/bulletins/support_bulletin_030413.php display circuit board service bulletin[/url]. It's been working fine since then, but today it crashed 4 times in flight, displaying a strange screen (see attached) for about a minute, followed by a black screen and then a reboot. During the time it was showing that screen, it didn't respond to holding down the left button which normally turns it off. The D700 kept working OK except it showed transponder failure, and indeed ATC reported my transponder was not responding. As soon as the D1000 screen went black, the transponder recovered.

It was a hot day, but I checked the D1000 internal temperature while it was working and it showed 67 C which doesn't seem too bad.

Any thoughts? I will be filing a request with Dynon support but I have a long trip planned tomorrow and would appreciate any temporary workarounds people might have.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2018 at 9:16pm by Henry Hallam »  

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:01am

jabarr   Offline
Frequent Poster

I’m guessing a hardware failure but just to throw something out there—- have you, by chance, recently used a new usb stick for data base or charts?  If so, try removing the stick or change back to what you were using.  Doubt it’s your issue but worth checking.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:25pm

RayInGA   Offline
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

67 C is quite hot, IMO. That's > 150 F and well beyond what most electronics will tolerate.

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:24pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Remember that buttons 1/2/5 pressed together will force a reboot. But that does look like a problem that we'll want to see your display to check out.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 4:41pm

Henry Hallam   Offline
Frequent Poster
Lancair 360 with SV-D1000
and SV-D700
KEMT

Dynon replaced my display for free! Thanks very much indeed, way to build brand loyalty Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:05pm

BobB   Offline

Mine did the exact same about a dozen times over the last 100  or so flight hours (maybe 9 months).  I haven't seen it since just before OSH.  I should tolerate a week or two of down time to get it fixed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print