Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RPM-sensitive Canopy contact sensor (Read 402 times)
Jul 31st, 2018 at 6:48am

Ricksol   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

Tech support,

I am trying to install the rpm-sensitive canopy contact sensor in my RV10 (dual Dynon Skyview HDX), but have not succeeded .  I am following the information in the Skyview Installation Guide, pages 7-81 and 7-82.  Here are several questions I am not clear on:

On the senor input mapping page:
  - FUNCTION:  "canopy" or "contact"?
  - SENSOR:  "contact"?
  - NAME:  "canopy"? or can it be “L_DOOR” or "R_DOOR", which is what each of my door sensors are now named?

On the configuration file that is loaded, the one line suggested is "canopy_warn_rpm=XXXX".  Must this use the word "canopy", or can that word just match the name used on the sensor input mapping page (e.g., "L_DOOR")?  Can two lines be used in the file, one for ""L_DOOR" and one for "R_DOOR"?

If it must use the word "canopy", can noth doors be named "canopy" so that both alarm?  Is there a way to set this up so that the two doors are differentiated?

Thanks,

Rick Solana

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 4:54pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

There's some special hardcoding there, so function needs to be canopy, sensor contact. The name should also be canopy. The setting must be exactly as specified, ie "canopy_warn_rpm=XXXX". You can only have one canopy contact in the system.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 8:21am

Ricksol   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

Thanks, that seems clear and I will give it a try.

Can I request that you modify the software to allow for two doors instead of just one canopy?  The RV10 certainly would benefit!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print