HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Red fuel cube on Rotax (Read 275 times)
Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Downunder   Offline
Frequent Poster
I love flying!

I've just installed the fuel flow sensor on my Rotax. All seems to be working well.
I have 2 questions.
1. It initally looks to be quite accurate but is there anyway to further fine tune fuel flow calbration if required?
2. As part of the skyview calculations, I now have "range". What is this distance based on? Ground speed?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:52pm

mmarien   Offline
Expert
Murray M.
Saskatoon SK CAN

1. for fuel flow calibration look in the install manual page 7-78.
2. I believe range is how far you can go on the remaining fuel at the current ground speed. Turn into or with the wind and watch the range change.

It's only as accurate as the fuel flow as it's based on how much fuel Skyview thinks is remaining, not what the gauges show. When I'm close I do the mental calculations using the remaining fuel shown on the gauges, time to destination and fuel flow as a check. Or you can pop up ENGINE->FUEL and MATCH up the two volumes. It will redo the calculations based on the fuel gauges. If you have your fuel flow close to actual fuel flow the difference after a few fills should be minimal.

Glasair II FT - o320 - P-Mags - EFII - MTV 3 Blade CS - VP-X - Single 10" Skyview - Stratux Dual Band - zooooom ...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print