Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
430W-ARINC429-SV1000T dropout (Read 352 times)
Aug 19th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Steve W.   Offline
Expert

Flying along fat, dumb and happy this morning, it seems communications between the 430W, the ARINC box and the SV unit somehow got disrupted...AP went from NAV to TRK mode and there was no displayed flight plan for maybe 10 seconds, then it came back. Manually switched back to NAV mode and all was well for the rest of the flight.  The 430 never lost lock and always maintained the magenta course line.

Possible communications problem between 430 and ARINC box?
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2018 at 2:08pm by Steve W. »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 5:11pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Possibly. Did you happen to get any alerts relative to the ARINC module? The user alerts log might have helpful info here.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 10:17am

krw5927   Offline
I love flying!

Happens to me often, except the AP never switches itself off of NAV.  The HSI guidance, flight plan, etc will disappear for a second or two and then come back.  My GNS480 never skips a beat.  Happens a lot on some flights and not at all on others.

Never received a single alert relative to the ARINC module, nor anything about the ADSB out losing GPS position.  Leads me to believe all is fine there, and perhaps something in software gets finicky sometimes.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 1:15pm

Steve W.   Offline
Expert

No ARINC alerts.  The logs did show the AP mode change.

My software systems background tells me this smells like a buffering or synchronization problem between the 430 and the ARINC box...but that's just a guess on my part.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 5:48pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

How long of SkyView display on time since the event? If not too long, the diagnostic file might have things we can see to help figure out what's going on here.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 7:41pm

Steve W.   Offline
Expert

Too long, unfortunately, and I forgot to get a log file right after it happened.

If it occurs again, I will definitely get one for you, and I hope that others who have this happen will do the same so it can be tracked down...

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:21am

krw5927   Offline
I love flying!

Steve, have you loaded and flown with the new 15.3.4?  The release notes appear to indicate this may have been fixed.  I don't usually like to be an early adopter for new software.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 11:19am

Steve W.   Offline
Expert

krw5927 wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:21am:
Steve, have you loaded and flown with the new 15.3.4? The release notes appear to indicate this may have been fixed. I don't usually like to be an early adopter for new software.

I just saw the new release, so haven't loaded it yet, but I'm hopeful that's fixed it.  Of course, I haven't seen it happen since the last report...it's very intermittent.

Will load new software this evening.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print