Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Intercom - Pilot and Co Cannot Hear Each Ohter (Read 141 times)
Sep 29th, 2018 at 2:03pm

CaptainJS   Offline
I love flying!

I have a SV system with a Dynon Radio and Intercom.  If I leave the SV system off and just power the radio and intercom, everything works fine.  In particular, the Pilot and the Co-Pilot can talk to and hear each other via their headsets when sitting in the cockpit and not transmitting.  Each hears their voices (Pilot or Co-Pilot) in their headset.  They can also hear each other if either one is transmitting.

When I turn the SV system on, the intercom system functionality changes and the Piltot and Co-Pilot can no longer hear themselves, or the other person in their headset when sitting and having a conversation.  We can however hear the other person in our headset if one of the 2 is transmitting on the radio and obviously pushing the PTT button.  I have adjusted the volume and squelch and it does not help.  I'm not sure how the SV system and be impacting this intercom functionality?????

Thanks,
Jerry

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2018 at 6:52pm

CaptainJS   Offline
I love flying!

Additional Info:

I reviewed the SV Installation Guide and tried playing with the Squelch Level, Sidetone Volume, and Mic Gain settings.  I tried 0, 50, and 100 and it did not solve the problem.  I was hoping the Sidetone Volume setting was the issue.  But it does not appear to be the answer.  Bummer.  Until I get this issue addressed, I can't fly with the CFI that I need to get my transition training from.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2018 at 5:41pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

The intercom isn't affected by any of the SkyView settings. I'm wondering if perhaps the SkyView audio output is going somewhere it shouldn't. But regardless, give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 for further help with this.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print