Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Replaced SV-D1000 Settings (Read 260 times)
Oct 8th, 2018 at 7:00pm

HomeBuilt101   Offline
I love flying!

Greetings,

I just had one of my SV-D1000 repaired and the ticket said that the settings had been lost so the repaired screen is going to be the factory default settings.

I do have my second SV-D1000 that was in the original installation and both displays were ran as a paired set (talking to each other) so the question is:

-When you have two screens is one the "master" (primary) and the other is the"slave" (secondary)?

-When I plug in the repaired display what will the initialization process be (do I have to tell the system what display to use as the "primary"?

-Should I save my settings next time (do I simply export them to a USB and then keep them on the USB or my computer)?

THANKS for your help!!!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 8:31am

RayInGA   Offline
Expert
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

The repaired unit should pick up your installed display settings but you should back it up first, just to be safe. There is a default screen setting that is set to DYNON until it picks up the settings from an installed screen.

There is no primary or backup, per se. The first screen to be turned on is the primary (if I recall).

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:37am

HomeBuilt101   Offline
I love flying!

Thanks Ray

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 5:29pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

Also, there are return to service instructions in the installation manual that speak to what to do in this situation. See the "Returning SkyView Components to Service after Repair" section in the appendices.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print