Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Dynon Avionics, Inc.

Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Troubleshooting no sectional layer (Read 231 times)
Oct 26th, 2018 at 7:42am

Jared Yates   Offline
Frequent Poster
Hickory, NC

Is there a good process for figuring out why the Skyview doesn't show the sectional chart map layer? I have two screens. The one on the left works great. The one on the right only shows the sectional chart occasionally. Otherwise it shows the basic map layer.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 8:04am

RayInGA   Offline
Expert
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

Sectionals are displayed from a thumb drive plugged into the SV screen. I would suspect the drive is the problem but you could also try a port on the back of the screen to see if that works better.

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 10:25am

Jared Yates   Offline
Frequent Poster
Hickory, NC

I have tried updating the maps via the SA data manager. I updated both thumb drives at the same time, perhaps the one in the right screen is corrupted or something. The problem has persisted through two different USB drives, but I was able to install the software update on both from the same USB drives. Is there anything in the menu structure that would tell me if the skyview thinks it sees maps on the drive?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2018 at 11:31am

RayInGA   Offline
Expert
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

Have you tried swapping drives from one display to the other?

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:46pm

Jared Yates   Offline
Frequent Poster
Hickory, NC

I did a little more troubleshooting today. In the setup menu under installed databases it shows all of the maps that should be there, but the sectional layer was not available. I swapped the USB drive from the left screen and so far it does show the sectional, but then again so did the other drive when I first put it in. I guess I'll have to keep collecting data to see if there is a pattern.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print