Welcome to the Dynon Avionics forum!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D3 Lack of Wi-Fi (Read 268 times)
Jan 22nd, 2019 at 12:09pm

MikeThePilot   Offline
I love flying!

From all indications, it appears Dynon has dropped the Wi-Fi capability in the new D3 Portable.  My tablet GPS is not reliable, and I was intending to purchase a D2 in order to both run my FltPlan Go app and have the EFIS backup.

Does Dynon intend to release a future portable with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth GPS sending ability again?  If so, is there a time-frame for its availability?

If not, is it possible to purchase a D2 anywhere?  It appears most dealers will not offer it and do not have leftover stock to clear, and I have search many buy-and-sell sites for a second hand one with no luck.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 1:12pm

RayInGA   Offline
Expert
I love aviation!
Richmond Hill, GA

I sold a refurbed D2 a couple weeks ago for a friend. You should be able to find one with a WTB ad on PoA, VAF and other forums.

Ray Eaker
RV-7A flying since 27 Jan 2017
Dual Skyview 1000T with all available Dynon VFR goodies
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2019 at 6:00pm

Dynon Avionics   Offline
Dynon Official
Dynon Technical Support

The D3 has only been on the market for several months, so it's a bit premature to speculate on future versions. There isn't a wi-fi enabled version of the D3 in the works, for what it's worth. The D2 went out of production about a year ago, so at this point you're only like to find them used.

Please do not use Private Messaging on form to contact. For private support:
Email: support at dynonavionics dot com
Phone: 425-402-0433 (7am-5pm Pacific weekdays)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print