SIMPLIFIED EXPERIENCE | SPORT EFIS | STREAMLINED EDITION
No matter what you call it, SE is Dynon's most affordable and intuitive SkyView experience ever.
SkyView SE displays are made specifically for VFR aircraft and pilots who want the most intuitive flight and engine instruments on the market. They feature simple and clear displays, with almost no menus to navigate in flight. SkyView SE systems omit mapping, synthetic vision, and IFR capabilities to offer an affordable SkyView-based entry-level system.
At the same time, SkyView SE retains modern, innovative Dynon EFIS capabilities like SkyView's revolutionary COM radio interface and 2-axis autopilot with simplified controls. For aircraft in the US market, SkyView SE systems equipped with Dynon's Mode S transponder and SV-GPS-2020 offer the lowest cost integrated glass panel system meeting FAA 2020 ADS-B Out requirements. SkyView SE displays can only connect to other SkyView SE displays.
Starting At $3010.00
Starting At $1760.00
SkyView Displays: Very bright, high-resolution screens driven by advanced graphics processors create highly visible and readable display. Even in direct sunlight!
SkyView Displays utilize TFT active matrix LCD screens and LED backlighting technology for increased life span, more uniform brightness, and reduced power consumption.
Buttons and Joysticks: The SkyView System is designed for ease of use while flying. The most used functions are accessed via two rotary/multi-direction Joysticks, for fast intuitive commands. Almost all other in flight commands, using the widely spaced buttons, are only two button presses away. None or more than three button presses.
Redundancy: If two displays are in the system, either one can act as the Primary Flight Display, Moving Map, and Engine Monitor. The unlikely loss of either display will not affect the functionality of the other.
System Battery Backup: A system backup battery will provide over an hour of backup power to a Display and Modules. Each Display requires its own Backup Battery for redundancy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should buy SkyView SE?
- SkyView SE is great for pilots that love the simplicity of Dynon's legacy D100 series products but are looking ahead to 2020 and the ADS-B Out equipment mandates. If you fly an aircraft or mission that does not require complex mapping or navigation features, SkyView SE is ideal. SkyView SE is the lowest-cost way to equip with Dynon's SkyView system, and it's upgradeable to the full SkyView functionality in the future.
- What are the differences between SkyView SE and buying a SkyView system without the MAP license and Synthetic Vision turned off?
- In addition the removal of the mapping capability, SkyView SE has a simplified set of features and capabilities to enable the most intuitive avionics flight experience ever for VFR pilots. Because of this streamlining of features, SkyView SE features almost no sub-menus. See the full list of product features for details.
- Can I buy a SkyView SE to add to my existing SkyView system?
- No. Because of the differences in features, SkyView and SkyView SE displays can not be connected together in the same aircraft.
- I have an EFIS-D100 / EMS-D120 / FlightDEK-D180 in my aircraft now. How easy is it to convert to SkyView SE?
- The SV-D600 (7") display is slightly larger than the panel cutout for an D100 series product, so you will need to modify your panel. The engine monitoring connectors are largely the same and are virtually "plug and play", but other harnesses and connectors are unique to SkyView. We have a manual available that discusses converting to a SkyView system. SkyView SE displays are exactly the same size and have the same mounting requirements as existing SkyView displays.
- What Autopilot capabilities does SkyView SE have?
- When equipped with servos, SkyView SE features a full-featured two axis autopilot with Dynon's groundbreaking simplified controls. The autopilot can hold and change altitude, hold and change direction, and follow an external GPS source. It does not have IFR features like VNAV, IAS mode, or a flight director. To reduce menu complexity, there is no on-screen LEVEL button, but an external one can be connected (Dynon makes one especially for this purpose). The optional SV-AP-PANEL's autopilot control buttons are unsupported by SkyView SE, although an SV-AP-PANEL can be installed behind the panel to provide Trim Controller and Autopilot Auto-Trim capabilities.
- Is SkyView SE 2020 compliant?
- Yes, with the installation of the SV-GPS-2020 and SV-XPNDR-261.
- I've already bought parts of my SkyView system (servos, ADAHRS, etc.). Will those work with SkyView SE?
- Yes, with the exception of products that are not supported by SkyView SE, such as SV-ARINC-429, SV-ADSB-470, Wi-Fi Adapter, Video Input, External IFR Navigators, etc. See the complete feature and product list for details.
- I just bought my SkyView displays? Can I exchange them for SkyView SE displays (with the price difference as a refund)?
- We do not currently offer downgrades or trade-ins to SkyView SE. If you have a special situation, please contact us directly at 425-402-0433.
- Do you have any trade-in program from the D100 series of avionics?
- We do not currently have a trade-in program for the D100 series.
- Is Skyview SE available with Touch?
- No. SkyView SE has almost no sub-menus, so most features, including autopilot, are available with a single button press.
- What about seeing traffic in SkyView SE?
- There are no mapping or synthetic vision capabilities in SkyView SE. Therefore, display of traffic is not supported.
- I already have a Garmin 430, but I like the feature set of SkyView SE. Is there any way to use the 430 with SkyView SE?
- No. SkyView SE does not support connection to the SV-ARINC-429 module, and therefore does not support IFR navigators. You can, however, display guidance from one NMEA-based GPS navigator (such as the x96 portable series) on the HSI. The Autopilot can also follow this guidance.
Dimensions (7" Display)
Dimensions (10" Display)
- 7.636" Wide
- 5.512" High
- 2.31" Deep
- 10.32" Wide
- 7.064" High
- 2.33" Deep
Resolution (7" Display)
Resolution (10" Display)
- High Resolution Screen
- 480 Pixels High
- 800 Pixels Wide
- Over 1200 nits
- High Resolution Screen
- 600 Pixels High
- 1024Pixels Wide
- Over 1350 nits
DRAWINGS CAD MODELS
You May Also Be Interested In...